Sunday, September 25, 2016

To China... again

So... I know everyone probably thinks we have absolutely lost our minds... well I have lost my mind and Beau is just getting taken along for the ride.  I suppose that might all be true... but I can't think of any other solution. 

I guess I'll start at the beginning with the cliff notes version of what got us here in the first place.  As most of you know Wyatt joined us a little earlier than expected.  While the whole experience was terrifying, we were reassured by multiple physicians that it was a fluke and we would be just fine having another child.  Well... after two back to back miscarriages we got the hint that maybe that wasn't so true after all.  That year was definitely one of the hardest of my life.  I was absolutely heartbroken, confused, angry, discouraged, and whatever other gloomy emotion you can think of.  After we took some time to pause and think about our situation we realized we were correct in thinking we were to have more children, but maybe we had misunderstood exactly how that was meant to happen. 

Our path to adoption was also not without some hiccups.  We originally started the process for a sweet girl from Eastern Europe.  That situation didn't end quite as we expected.  Granted we were definitely meant to be a part of her life, just not as her mom and dad.  We still love her very much, get updates through a social worker, and are able to sent her goodies from time to time.  While we were SO happy for her, we again were wondering what it was we were supposed to be doing. 

Adoption of a child with Down Syndrome is something I have always wanted to do.  I know it is something my mother had always been interested in, and maybe that's where I got it.  I have watched the adorable little faces on Reece's Rainbows for years, but figured it would probably never be a reality for me.  After a premature baby, losing two babies, and losing the chance to adopt a child I had strongly felt was ours... I decided to go out on a limb and just ask Beau.  Much to my surprise, after a little time and prayer... HE SAID YES!!!  I was over the moon. 

Fast forward to present time... we are home with our 32 month old bundle of joy... Evelyn Grace Fujing Davis!!  Or Evie... as everyone calls her :-)

Beau was unable to travel with me to China due to work schedules.  While I was over there with my dad we had the amazing opportunity of actually going to Evie's foster home to pick her up.  These women that care for these children are truly angels in disguise.  They has been so amazing through the entire process.  The updates, pictures and videos we received were unreal.  They care they received was top notch, and they truly love these children.   While there we stayed for a couple hours and were able to just sit and play with all the children.  We met and interacted with everyone of them... and how can you help to fall in love.  (See where I'm going with this?!).  There was one little girl that made such an impression on me while we were there.  She was the sweetest little thing!  She was so tiny and has the gentlest little spirit.  She was also from Evie's orphanage, had the same "finding spot," transferred to the same place for the same heart surgery, and ended up at the same foster home.  Their original province and currently location are literally across China.  It's not like it was expected for something like that to happen. 

Long story short... I fell in love, Beau thought I had lost my mind, I couldn't shake the feeling that she was ours, Beau still thought I was nuts, Beau finally went out on a limb and took the leap, and now we should submit our Letter of Intent to the Chinese Government this week!

There are still some unknowns as to how this process will go.  Regardless though, it's going to be most likely faster, and almost as expensive.  The difference this time... we exhausted our reserves bringing Evie home.  Basically we apologize in advance, but we need lots of financial support and there will be lots of fundraisers!  We trust God, and know he will provide.  We have no doubts that this is his will for us and this precious little girl. 

We have a GoFundMe account, and a Pure Charity account for donations as well. The Pure Charity Account allows tax deductible donations because they go directly to our adoption agency.

https://www.purecharity.com/davis-family-adoption-4?aff=5cpam

https://www.gofundme.com/davisadoption

2 comments: